Duck Hunting Boat Blinds : Drum Shades Lighting : Garden In The Shade.
Duck Hunting Boat Blinds
- The blinds are forced bets posted by players to the left of the dealer button in flop-style poker games. The number of blinds is usually two, but can be one or three.
- Deprive (someone) of understanding, judgment, or perception
- Cause (someone) to be unable to see, permanently or temporarily
- Confuse or overawe someone with something difficult to understand
- A window blind is a type of window covering which is made with slats of fabric, wood, plastic or metal that adjust by rotating from an open position to a closed position by allowing slats to overlap. A roller blind does not have slats but comprises a single piece of material.
- window coverings, especially vertical blinds, wood blinds, roller blinds, pleated blinds
- (in general use) A ship of any size
- A serving dish in the shape of a boat
- a small vessel for travel on water
- gravy boat: a dish (often boat-shaped) for serving gravy or sauce
- A small vessel propelled on water by oars, sails, or an engine
PMI Cover System™ Camouflex® Duck Blind for Boats 12' - 16'
The Duck Blind Kit by PMI Cover System offers amazing 3 - D camo cover on on your boat with Camouflex technology! Ducks won't fly away from what they can't see! A lack of cover is the biggest reason folks come home from hunting
trips empty-handed. Well, problem solved. This Duck Blind is made with Camouflex limbs to conceal your movement and prevent tipping off any critters before they get within shooting range. Disappear into a cluster of lifelike and fully dimensional leaves and branches to hunt water fowl like the invisible man! Camouflex Tree Limbs are built to take the abuse of the outdoors and keep looking good season after season. A wire core runs the length of each limb so you can move them to control your cover and shadow placement for superior coverage. The Guide offers you a Duck Blind for 2 different boat sizes, plus a 12-Limb Pack for additional coverage. Both Blind Kits come with "J" hooks and quick mount to attach to your boat's gunnel easily and quickly... while the 12-Limb Pack comes with tree limbs only. Cover-up and take aim: Kit for 10'-12' boats includes four 6-branch cover systems; Kit for 12'-16' boats includes eight 6-branch cover systems; 12-Limb Pack also available for additional coverage with twelve 58" Camouflex limbs; Camouflex is designed to blend in with today's most popular camo brands; Made with quiet fabric; Offers an unobstructed, 360 degree shooting view. Pick yours and scope out your target without being seen! Order Now! AVAILABLE SEPARATELY: PMI Cover System Camouflex 12-Limb Pack; PMI Cover System Camouflex Duck Blind for Boats 10'-12' - word search in our Store for 'PMI'. PMI Cover System Camouflex Duck Blind for Boats 12'-16'
Ready for lunch
This photo was taken from a moving boat while in the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia. I did ask it to pose for me, but it paid no attention to what I asked.......
This is an Ospray from the Chesapeake Bay
* Length: 22 inches Wingspan: 54 inches
* Large, narrow-winged hawk
* Flies on flat wings with distinct kink at elbow
* Wings taper to a rounded tip
* Short hooked beak
* White cap
* Dark brown eyeline broadening behind eye
* Dark brown nape, back and upperwings
* Wings from below: flight feathers white barred with black, undersecondary coverts white and underprimary coverts black producing rectangular black mark at wrist
* White chin, throat, breast and belly
* Brown tail has a number of white bands
* Hovers and then plunges into water after fish
* Underparts entirely white
* Dark necklace of streaks on throat
The North American osprey, Pandion haliaetus carolinensis–whose species name is derived from the Greek ‘hals’ (salt or sea) and ‘aetos,’ or eagle–is the only diurnal bird of prey that feeds exclusively on live fish.
For many years the osprey has been a symbol of the plight of the Chesapeake Bay and of the potential for its recovery. The species is situated at the top of the aquatic food chain, which makes it a good indicator for detecting habitat destruction, dwindling fish populations, and the contamination of the environment.
In the 1960s the number of ospreys in the Bay region decreased dramatically due to the widespread use of pesticides such as DDT, which caused the birds to lay eggs with extremely thin shells that resulted in lower hatch rates. With the U.S. ban on DDT in 1972 and the reversal of the Coast Guard’s policy of dismantling osprey nests on channel markers, osprey numbers began to rebound. Today ospreys are a common sight, and it is estimated that more than 2,000 pairs currently nest in the Bay area.
* The fish-hawk, as the osprey is also known, is a large raptor, with a body length of about two feet, a wingspread of five feet, and long sharp talons. Its back and long arched wings are brown, and white plumage covers its breast and upper legs.
* The characteristic M-shaped crook in its wings, its wrist patches, dark brown stripes across the eyes and the dark bands on the underside of the tail identify an osprey in flight.
* Based on recent DNA testing, ospreys are thought to be more closely related to eagles, hawks and Old World vultures than previously thought.
* Like most female birds of prey, female ospreys generally are larger than males.
Habitat and Life Cycle
In the Chesapeake Bay, unlike other regions, most ospreys do not start breeding until they are five to seven years old. Many of the over-water structures that are necessary to protect them from predators already have ospreys in residence,Osprey nest so new breeders must either displace older, established nesting birds or find another, perhaps marginal site that others have refused for good reason. If there are no suitable nesting sites available, young ospreys may be forced to delay breeding until they find a single bird with an established nest–possibly an older bird whose mate has died.
* North American ospreys are migratory raptors, which overwinter in South America (they are as familiar with tropical rainforests as with northern lakes and estuaries) and return to the same nesting sites on the Chesapeake for their spring courtship.
* Their habitats include shallow water estuaries, lakes, and rivers.
* Ospreys build their conspicuous nests on tall, offshore structures such as channel markers and duck blinds to protect their young (from human activity and predators such as racoons) and to place the birds near their food supply.
* Ospreys usually mate for life. March ushers in a five-month period of partnership to raise their young.
* Females lay three to four eggs by late April, and rely on the size and bulk of their nest–with its pronounced depression at the center–to conserve heat. The eggs are approximately the size of very large chicken eggs, mottled and the color of cinnamon. Osprey eggs incubate for about five weeks.
* After hatching, the 2-ounce chicks become fliers within eight weeks. When food is scarce, the first chicks to hatch are the most likely to survive.
* In spring and summer ospreys find an abundance of medium-sized fish, such as menhaden, to feed their young. Males forage widely, while females stay on or near the nest.
* Ospreys hunt by soaring over water, scanning for surface schooling or spawning fish. They are spectacular divers: once they have sighted their prey, they fold their wings tightly, descend swiftly and enter the water feet-first, often submerging completely. They also perform shallow scoops for fish near the surface.
* In areas of low fish abundance often only one osprey nestling will survive, but
Duck Blind on the Bay
Some kind of duck hunting
hideout on San Francisco Bay. The person in the boat is real but those ducks on the water are not.
duck hunting boat blinds
Make less of an impression! Covert camo Cordova 12x4 1/2' Universal Blind Kit, ON SALE! You're really just a wallflower at heart. At least until opportunity unexpectedly rears its head. This Blind Kit lets you weave your hunting post into the background... reducing both unnatural glare and exposure to strange scents. Cover up your tree stand, duck boat, ground blind or tripod stand like a pro. Versatile design is made to fit most frames. Heavy-duty, all-natural burlap construction for low-key looks, no unnecessary reflections and long-lasting high strength. Installs easily over your existing rig with 36 grommets, 36 tie strings and an included installation tool. Measures 12 x 4 1/2'. Weighs 3 lbs., 1 oz. Get involved in the cover-up! Order your Kit today! Cordova Universal Blind Kit
Related topics: ceiling fan replacement glass shades new england blinds inside window shutter how to paint glass lamp shades curtain for canopy bed black silk drapes ready made silk draperies outdoor patio shade custom pleated drapes
- (火) 12:40:24|
- Category: None